When you’ve narrowed the time frame for your Idaho river adventure on the Middle Fork Salmon River based on seasonal preferences, another important consideration is the raft and boat varieties … the Standard Boat Option or a Guaranteed Fishing Boat!
STANDARD BOAT OPTION
The Standard Seating option allows guests to switch among three boat types to enjoy different experiences on the water and different guides! You can choose to let the guide row and just watch the scenery in a guided oar boat, be your own captain in one of our inflatable kayaks or assist in the paddling while riding on our paddle boat. Guests riding on in a guided oar boat can expect to have 1 or 2 days of opportunity to fish if desired. Guests may also fish anytime we’re on shore.
No one is ever required to run in the inflatable kayaks if they do not desire. On the other hand, if you wish to run and inflatable kayak more than 2 days on the trip please let us know so that we can bring an inflatable kayak specifically for your use.
GUARANTEED FISHING BOAT OPTION
A Guaranteed Fishing Boat is for guests who want to be able to fish all day, every day!
You will have a boat that is specifically designed and a skilled guide to provide you with a world class fishing adventure. This is a great option because it allows for maximum flexibility and enables you to leave camp early, arrive in camp late and your guide will be exclusively tasked with your fishing adventure.
There is a higher charge for the Guaranteed Fishing Boat service, but if world class dry fly fishing is your desire, this is the way to go! Our prices for Guaranteed Fishing Seats are based on double occupancy, but give us a call if you want to discuss the possibility of similar service for a lone angler (advanced notice is required for the Guaranteed Fishing Boat Option).
Consider what the Dedicated “Fishing Boat” provides for you:
- This boat is significantly lighter and more maneuverable than a traditional Drift Boat
- It is clean, so you will not struggle to keep your lines untangled
- It does not have any gear so you can leave camp earlier, arrive later, show up to lunch long after the other boats
- It is rubber and more forgiving than a drift boat, enabling you to go places you never considered, such as scraping over ledges and rocks
- Rubber is extremely quiet, a huge advantage to fishermen and wilderness lovers alike
- Two fishermen can comfortably fish AT THE SAME TIME … watch a drift boat go down the river, one guest can fish while the other has to sit and watch
- More comfortable than any other fishing boat, both seats have high back support, a hard suspended floor to stand on and leg rests to lean against while casting
- While all of our guides are excellent, only the very best are offered the opportunity to operate our dedicated fishing boats (you will not have a “river guide” leading you through your day, you will have a great “fishing guide” who happens to be expert at running whitewater)
- This boat option costs more, but if you are looking to really fish, it is absolutely worth it
- Please Note: These boats can not always be used on our Cast and Blast trips because of the increase in gear needed (guns, dogs etc.)